Mapcargo Export Controls and Sanctions
How to comply with sanctions and export regulations:
Shipping goods to certain countries is affected by export controls and ongoing international sanctions based on the type of goods, the origin and destination country, or the parties involved in the transaction...
While Mapcargo services most countries currently subject to international sanctions, we will only ship in compliance with regulations and sanctions imposed by the United Nations, European Union, United States and the United Kingdom. Please refer to Mapcargo's Terms and Conditions the handling of strategic items and sanctioned destinations below for details on the handling of restricted, but legitimate, trade.
Denied party lists are part of international sanctions regimes and export control requirements. Mapcargo does not accept consignments to or from individuals and entities listed as a denied party.
Strategic items are military or dual-use items, which may be used for both civil or military purposes. Mapcargo does not classify any strategic items, this is the responsibility of the exporter. Our service capabilities vary per location but always require clear information on any applicable licences. Please contact local customer service for more information.
To adhere to international sanctions, Mapcargo has suspended certain services or implemented additional requirements for shipping. Below is an overview by country of each sanction programme affecting Mapcargo’s service.
- As of the 1st of April'16, Mapcargo no longer services the Crimea Region
- As of the 1st of April'16 Mapcargo no longer services Cuba.
- Mapcargo does not service any Cuban Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world
- As of the 1st of April'16, Mapcargo no longer services Iran.
- Mapcargo does not service any Iranian Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world
- Mapcargo does not service North Korea
- Mapcargo does not service any North Korean Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world
The EU and the US have implemented sanctions against Russia. In order to optimally service Russia in a compliant manner Mapcargo applies the following measures:
- No military goods are accepted for export to/from Russia
- No dual-use goods are accepted for export to military end-user(rs) in Russia
- Goods on the list with Oil & Gas related equipment require a license to be accepted for export to Russia.
- As of the 1st of April 2016, Mapcargo no longer services Sudan
- Mapcargo does not service any Sudanese Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world
- Mapcargo does not service Syria
- Mapcargo does not service any Syrian Embassy or Consulate anywhere in the world